Reading

Source Unknown

Several months ago I graduated with a degree in English and Cultural Studies. My schooling was a love-hate relationship which could have rivaled the worst roller coaster pre-teen romance. One moment I was head over heels in love with my profs and their reading selections, moments later I would be disillusioned and frustrated with the tedium of following someone else's book schedule. What I found most frustrating was the lack of time and energy I had left at the end of the day to read things on my personal reading list.

Visiting my hometown library was one of the first things I did when I arrived in Marathon. I stocked up on a couple of books in order to feel like I'd have a lot of options. This Christmas I'll be finishing off Fifth Business by Robertson Davies, digging in to The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai and devouring Through Black Spruce by Joseph Boyden. This is my official reading list but I don't like to be too strict with myself and I often diverge and end up reading something completely unexpected that I find on a friend's shelf or receive for Christmas or my birthday. My friend once referred to my reading as "voracious" and I intend to live up to this title as best I can.

A few extras for literary lovers:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Ursa and Alces All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger