Great White North


Right now I'm enjoying a delicious cup of Rooibos de Provence tea from David's Tea and considering what sort of adventures I'd like to get up to in the next couple of weeks. As usual, I will be spending Christmas with my family in Marathon, Ontario. This year I'll be back for a bit longer than usual so I intend to get up to all sorts of mischief (weather permitting). Usually, there is a bit of baking, movie watching, board games, hiking, skiing, creating and gatherings with kindred spirits. I listen almost exclusively to Vince Guaraldi Trio's A Charlie Brown Christmas and Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker but this year I'm also giving She & Him's A Very She & Him Christmas a fighting chance to be introduced in the mix. 

 I'm looking forward to the little things this Christmas: the way snow sits on pine branches, the smell of poppyseed cookies baking in the oven, twinkling christmas lights and what my mother calls "a cheery little fire" in the fireplace. I feel pretty blessed right now. 

I took these photos two or three Christmases ago. The next two photos show Coldwell Bay which can also be seen in the third photo of this post that I wrote in July. Do you see the resemblance in the hills? 



     


     


The snow creates an incredibly magical atmosphere in Marathon. This year I'm hoping to test out the snow in snowshoes, on skis, hiking and by toboggan. This is ambitious, I don't think I've managed to take on all four winter activities in one vacation but I believe it can be done! I'll be enlisting my family and friends and toting around a big backpack of hot cocoa and snacks to sustain us. Hopefully I will remember to document some of the snow fun. 

I hope you get the chance to spend some time outside frolicking in the snow during the next few weeks. With the extra short days, we need all the extra fun we can get.   


1 comments:

  1. Sam Robertson25.12.11

    You take some great photos and they make me miss snow. I hope you conquer the fantastic four!!

    ReplyDelete

« »

Ursa and Alces All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger