In the Lap of Literary Lapses

Last week Rysio and I traveled to Barrie to meet some friends for dinner. On the way there we stopped at the Stephen Leacock Museum in Orillia. I have never read an entire Leacock book (for shame!) but I have read about one third of Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town. Perhaps I stopped because it reminded me too much of my own hometown. As funny as the book is, it is also sort of tragic.

Leacock was a writer, humourist, professor and a political scientist. His home has been transformed into a museum and art gallery. While it is not my favourite museum, it was a nice way to spend a rainy afternoon. If you are ever in the area, I would recommend the detour.




       

Life, we learn too late, is in the living, the tissue of every day and hour. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Ursa and Alces All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger