Thunder Bay Part III: Street Art


"Art is an evolutionary act. The shape of art and its role in society is constantly changing. At no point is art static. There are no rules." 
- Raymond Salvatore Harmon


Beautiful, yes. Artistic, check. Controversial, definitely. I have never dabbled in street art but that never stops me from appreciating an amazing work of art when I see it. Whether someone has legal permission to enhance a building's exterior or they're beautifying an ugly public bridge, I love free public art.

You don't have to agree with me, I know most people won't. I have always been drawn to street art and I consider it a highly valuable counter cultural movement. Although, one could debate how counter cultural street art is becoming when big named celebrities pay millions for art created by big named graffiti artists. Theoretical debates aside, here are some beautiful pieces I stumbled upon while walking about.

     



Algoma Street & Trowbridge Park 
Artists unknown


0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Ursa and Alces All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger