Trinkets and the Beach

It has been a lovely week so far. My parents came to visit the park and I immediately convinced them to whisk me away to the busy streets of Huntsville and Bracebridge. Plenty of antiques were perused, the Muskoka Arts and Crafts Summer Show was browsed and coffees of varying degrees of vileness were imbibed. Actually, that's not entirely true. We did manage to find a nice cafe in Bracebridge that sold fair trade organic coffee and as a part-time-hippie that's what I'm all about. I'm the sort of person who relies on landmarks rather than street names or business signs so I promptly forgot the name of the place but I never forget my way back to a good mug of coffee. I know I'll be back.


Some Treasures from Don's Junk

We also went to the beach in Dwight. It was my first time chilling on the sand this summer so I was pretty excited to be there. Not pictured below: Rysio (who is taking the photo) & my parents who are busy-busy doing a training swim. In six and a half hours they will be running the Friendly Massey Marathon, I hope they do well! 


I'm pretty sleepy. I've been teaching myself how to use Gimp, the Ubuntu version of Photoshop. If you're lucky I may post some of my goofy results. For now I think I'm ready to settle down with a mug of Sacred Blend (yes that's actually what it's called - by the Algonquin Tea Co.) and a good book. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Ursa and Alces All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger